IMM 4.48% 32.0¢ immutep limited

mcrae12 copy & paste, page-14

1. 56,627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    TDA, "analysts" are employed by ASX listed companys to both simplistically outline and interpret their business plan for all to understand. These "reports" contain only spin, facts & speculation wihtin the biotechnology sector so the layman can attempt to understand the process. They are akin to common shares magazines you can buy from a newsagent, littered with tips, milestones, charts and suugestions.

My point is, and in reply to others today on PRR, is that the ABN Amro snippets, Bioshares & Kinetic reports are the same - subjective, mostly paid for spin sheets provided for the public dimain for mainly prospective shareholders to grasp their teeth onto. Eg. The recent proactive.com site where GDN has paid them to sell the company to shareholders, both current and prospective is the same; its been often quoted on HC recently and is very similar in nature to BRR or why real estate agents are employed.

Please note that share tips or "analyst" reports are mostly, if not always, wrong. Most follow news events only - they always follow past returns and do not accurately predict future returns. i.e Analyst recommendations are uninformative and tend to piggyback on news.

The smaller "analyst" game is now online - anyone could be one and it is sometimes lucrative.

It pays to lead not follow. NB. Regarding ACL, ABN, their Leading Manager, have been very wrong for years. I chose to buy them at a third of the current price due to my won research and I hold.

IMO, the long standing view that analyst recommendation changes within the blue chip sector play a central information role in share markets is quite simply untrue, but yet again, I underline that within the speculative, tinpot HC twitchy, blue sky dreaming daytrader niche, they can do, due to either lack of personal experience or own individual research and this is when the monkeys are always tied to the mast and eaten by those that know more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.