Had you investigated the circumstances behind that short...

1. 23,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8

Had you investigated the circumstances behind that short exchange, you would have seen that it was likely a setup.

The unelected Senator McSally (appointed following Sen McCain's death) is in a tight race for her first actual election contest in 2020 (behind if you believe Polls).

A Sen McSally staffer apparently recorded the exchange as it appeared on her fundraising Twitter feed within an hour.

McSally's campaign also quickly reserved the domain name "Liberalhack.com".

McSally then went to FOX, appearing on Laura Ingraham's show, but still wouldn't answer these questions;

INGRAHAM: Senator, do you regret what you said?
    INGRAHAM: What about Manu Raju's question? Do you want witnesses?
    INGRAHAM: You can call me a conservative hack, but do you want witnesses, yes or no? Why aren’t you telling us?
    INGRAHAM: Well, how are you going to vote on the motion for more, for witnesses?
    INGRAHAM: Kind of an easy question, don't you think, Senator?
    INGRAHAM: But you're not going to vote with Romney and the others?

Even Meghan McCain was unimpressed.

"The View’s Meghan McCain took some shots at Sen. Martha McSally (R-AZ) on Friday after the lawmaker personally insulted a CNN reporter, pointing out that McSally didn’t “earn” the Senate seat she was appointed to after McCain’s father died."

"After losing her Senate bid to Democrat Kyrsten Sinema in 2018, McSally was appointed by Republican Gov. Doug Ducey to permanently fill the seat that was vacated by Meghan’s father, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), after his death. (McSally succeeded retired Sen. Jon Kyl, who accepted a temporary assignment to the seat immediately following McCain's death.)

“She didn’t earn it in the traditional sense of votes,” McCain added. “It’s an extremely tight race. Arizona could turn blue, which would—pigs may start flying around the studio if that ends up happening, I never thought I’d see the day.”

McCain went on to say that she believes that McSally is “playing her cards completely wrong” by fundraising off of the confrontation, adding that it is also a “thankless job” being a Capitol Hill reporter"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-says-mcsally-didnt-earn-senate-seat-she-inherited-from-my-dad

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.