RAC 3.31% $1.61 race oncology ltd

MD Anderson Moon Shoot Program, page-20

1. 11,700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1689
    "Would you consider things like the two reports of heart attacks out of 10 patients on the Israel trial to be a risk?"

The tragic cardiac arrest has not been attributed to Bisantrene.

I wouldn't consider much risk of an unexpected safety issue occurring, as there is so much historical trial data. So if there was some kind of issue it would almost certainly of surfaced long before now.

What is a concern in my opinion is that there are so far 25 cases of grade 3/4 severe adverse effects reported in just ten subjects attributed to Bisantrene. And these are the severity of illness you don't want to be getting when you are 100% fit, let alone when you are feeling very ill!

Now that might not be an issue today when your competition is chemotherapies with worse safety profiles. But there have been some huge developments in recent years in cancer research and there are all sorts of new technologies in development. Things like immunotherapy, CAR-T, cancer vaccines, target therapies, AKT inhibitors etc etc etc.

Maybe it was the orphan drug designation that opened up the market for some of these new solutions.

And these new technologies will be the competition in the future. It's easy to say that chemo has been the mainstay for decades, but things are changing fast and will change more in my opinion. And having a bad safety profile compared to the new treatments will become an issue.

And although we all know that drug development takes years and years, there are a number of accelerated pathways where a promising (safe) drug can be approved for use very quickly indeed. There have been cases of drugs in trials being given immediate approval.

But having said all this, as things stand Race's drug does seem to be far better than the current competition. The PRV is also a low fruit, that could be worth 2x or 3x the mkt cap alone, so to buy at the current price seems a good idea to me.

But posts claiming that this is "a 100% risk free" and "the best investment on the asx" etc are not only wrong but can mislead. I've written before about threads where all of the posts are super positive and how dangerous that can be. Especially when you have some great posters and research done by the likes of Wombat777.

I've nothing against wombat's posts, they are great and very informative. But I'm reminded of the fantastic poster trade4profit. He was the star of Hotcopper and led the hearts list by miles (there used to be a league table on HC).

trade4profit was great, His research and presentation stunning. Far better than anything I could do. But one time we went head to head on a oil stock (gdn I think it was back then). The thread was all positives. So much positivity that the risk was ignored. But I could see problems and risks with the geology. Eventually their big drill encountered nothing and huge amounts of money was lost. Some posters admitted to taking out loans to invest in this sure thing!

This kind of thing has happened lots of times on HC. A wave of positivity and risks or negatives are ignored or rejected.

Sadly trade4profit was very big into cdu, which once hit $10. They are now in administration and all shareholders are expected to get no money back at all.

Obviously Race aren't in the win or lose world of drilling for oil, but I think one should always be aware of the whole picture, the negatives as well as the positives.

Cheers
    PS. Note my sentiment: BUY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.