BEN 0.24% $12.34 bendigo and adelaide bank limited

md not cut out for the job

1. 5,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    I dont know this md and thats why I think he is not cut out for the job, I tend to think that its like pin the tail on the donky. I think he has been put there to do a job without sufficient experience.
    He has certainly spent a lot of time in lending and on that point it would seem he is responsible for adelaide bank lending practices. If he has been the company has he certainly has let the side down the direction of adelaide bank has been nil.

The problem with directionless companies is that they go with the wind. Let us look at the bendigo take over, bendigo is a consevative not for profit community bank. Bendigo has a group of franchises that are owned by communities, I believe that this reduces the profitablility of bedigo, manny of the profits are returned to the community.
    Why would you takeover a non profit organisation.
    Bendigo is a community bank.

Mr McPhee started his career with Adelaide Bank in 1988 within the Treasury
    function, and was appointed Group Managing Director in December 2006. Mr McPhee
    began his financial services career in the dealing room of merchant bank Wallace
    Smith Trust Company based in London. He returned to Adelaide in 1988 and joined
    The Co-operative Building Society of South Australia Limited (which later became
    Adelaide Bank). He was appointed Chief Manager of Treasury at the time of the
    merger between The Co-operative Building Society of South Australia Limited and
    the Hindmarsh Building Society in January 1992, and in 1993 was promoted to the
    organisation's executive committee. Mr McPhee was the Treasurer of The
    Co-operative Building Society of South Australia Limited during its conversion
    to Adelaide Bank on 1 January 1994. In the following years, Mr McPhee held
    various positions within the organisation, including General Manager of Lending
    and Chief General Manager of Retail Banking. In 2003, he was appointed Chief
    General Manager of Operations, responsible for the day-to-day banking operations
    of Adelaide Bank and its subsidiaries, and in 2005 was appointed Chief Operating
    Officer, responsible for all bank operations in the group. Mr McPhee has
    completed a civil engineering degree with honours, and an MBA from the
    University of Adelaide. He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Banking
    and Finance, an Associate of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia and
    a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.

Is this guy a civil engineer or a banker???

Alright here is the bombshell, I know that adelaide bank shares were artificially proped up by an institution during the takeover. I cant say more than that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.34
Change
-0.030(0.24%)
Mkt cap ! $7.008B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.46 $12.50 $12.33 $10.84M 876.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3797 $12.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.36 56832 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.