BEN 0.24% $12.34 bendigo and adelaide bank limited

Michi...David clearly has an alternative agenda here. And, quite...

1. 35 Posts.
    Michi...David clearly has an alternative agenda here. And, quite frankly, if he believes so strongly in his accusations that Adelaide trading has been propped up illegally he should air his claims publicly. He has stated that they are on good authority, if so he won't face in liable or slander problems.

On to the spike you referred to in an earlier post, I think that one would have been when the mutual funds got their math correct pursuant to the takeover of Adelaide by Bendigo. The takeover resulted in an entity that was large enough to enter the ASX100, consequently, index tracking funds were required to purchase the stock which resulted in a price and volume spike.

There are a number of reasons that we can point to for the increased volatility. One of those is the general sentiment towards banks and investors being unaware of how impaired balance sheets are. One of the other main ones, and this relates directly to Bendigo is that hedge funds have been shorting the stock in an effort to determine the scope of margin loans held over the Company.

If there are large ones on portfolios that are heavily geared then a concerted shorting attack will result in a dramatic decline in the SP providing some nice windfall gains to the shorter. Luckily, this hasn't happened yet.

There are a number of other reasons, but this post is already long enough and I have better things to do with my time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.34
Change
-0.030(0.24%)
Mkt cap ! $7.008B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.46 $12.50 $12.33 $10.84M 876.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3797 $12.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.36 56832 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.