KOV 0.11% $8.94 korvest ltd

@Alltypes, Thanks for sharing your insights. I have a happy...

1. 16,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8040
    @Alltypes,

Thanks for sharing your insights.

I have a happy investing history with KOV, having owned shares in the company for about 10 years commencing in 2003 and - fortuitously - over a period of time that the commodity boom was in full swing.

Ordinarily, I don't like to sell shares in businesses I won (unless it is for a very valid reason) and I probably would have been happy to continue being an owner of the business right through the cycle had it not been for the acquisition in early 2013 of Titan and PowerStep businesses.

These appeared to me like typical peak cycle acquisitions and were at stark odds with the astute stewardship of shareholder capital that the company's management had always displayed.

So I sold my shares. (Very lucky, as it turns out, because I sold at a price close to $7.00 and I was not to know just how badly the company's financial performance would deteriorate in the following years).

That all said, I been buying KOV shares over the course of 2016, starting after the very poor DH15 result. This is predicated on my view that the company is currently limping from some self-inflicted wounds, but that it is not broken.

And my view is that if the current management doesn't fix the problem, then someone will come along and do it for them. And if that doesn't happen, then at worst, that I have a few years of waiting for the markets KOV services to recover.

But my question to you, to the extent that you are able to answer it, is over what period you were associated with the business?

Also, sensing you have some insights into the corporate ethos, if someone parachuted you into the position of CEO, what steps you would take to restore shareholder value?

I will fully understand if, given the circumstances, these are questions you'd prefer to not answer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KOV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.94
Change
0.010(0.11%)
Mkt cap ! $104.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.00 $9.00 $8.79 $278.7K 31.26K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3 $8.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.95 1472 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KOV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.