meal replacement diet- , page-6

1. 17,307 Posts.
    Good point of course, but people with adequate impulse control are probably just not that likely to be hugely overweight, barring major health problems...

I remember reading an article some time ago about the number of hours of intensive, sweating exercise I was supposed to do to balance the calories from the cheesecake that I liked to eat with my cappuccino coffee...

It seems much easier just to not eat the cheesecake as it is not really for anything except to satisfy the demands of over-stimulated taste-buds...(obviously I know that it is really the brain craving for the sugar/fat hit, but this is a metaphor)

A non-diet diet that some friends of mine used quite successfully consisted of simply reducing the time window during the 24 hour day when your body is processing food.
    That means eating a later breakfast and an earlier dinner with nothing outside those hours...

No real restrictions within those hours but obviously better to eat sensibly along something like paleo-diet guidelines...

Very easy to adjust to and when combined with a pedometer/smart-phone app to record total number of foot steps and adjust your activity level to increase them to 10,000 or more a day, works a treat...

A side benefit is that this early dinner seems to improve the sleep since your body is not digesting food when you are trying to nod off...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.