Meanwhile in China, page-62

1. 44,253 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    @Hingdog. Such a bizarre rant that ignores the historical events of European Australia. and yes, China does care about how Chinese people have been treated in Aus.

During the gold rush many Chinese came here to dig and find gold. The local officials increased the licence fees to Chinese and abused/beat the miners. Chinese diggers were often paid less for their gold. Historians have written that the main reason was because the Chinese worked hard and dug well finding more gold than most other miners.

Chinese miners brought large amounts of gold out of the ground and much was taken back to China. There grew to be a resentment against the Chinese by less successful miners and so the Chinese miners were reviled, bashed by white miners and had their leases over-run.

Finally those Chinese who remained in Aus by Federation had to face the firs legislation passed by the new Federal Govt - the White Australia Policy. Chinese were excluded from society and "forced" to return to China.

This is merely history Hingdog.... if you don't like, well neither do I and neither do the Chinese. This doesn't make me a leftie.

The historical records of social treatment of immigrants has been full of abuse, violence and exploitation. The legal situation has gone from bad to worse as Howard used immigrants and refugees as political tools for his elections campaigns.

The neglect of first Australians has been our greatest shame - sure successive Govts have thrown money at the problems but have ignored first Australians with the effect that there has developed even more serious difficulties due to laws and police actions which treat first Australians deliberately worse than any other sector of the population.

Again this is merely history. Abbott made things significantly worse by pretending to care about Aboriginal people and then ignoring "them". These are facts.

Truly, our hypocrisy has been stunning and the Chinese response has been mostly tolerant when Aus criticises China for human rights abuses.

There nothing "leftie" about any of this... but if you want to scream and shout about me being a leftie, well good luck to you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.