SRL 7.14% 45.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Meanwhile somewhere in Russia

1. 79 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Russia aims to increase scandium production

http://investorintel.com/technology-metals-intel/russia-aims-to-increase-scandium-production-2/

My read is that the production - 1.5 tonnes (annually?), and "with a possibility of a significant increase during the next several years" is slated for internal consumption.

The article closes out with "It is planned that the projects will be implemented with the participation of foreign investors, while their details are currently not disclosed."

I don't think this is a necessarily bad thing for CLQ, PGM (I hold both).

The Russians have significant IP in relation to Scandium - harking back to the Soviet days, and particularly use in aerospace. A little competition in production has the potential to unlock new markets and uses for Sc products, and also to inspire some advances and technologies from a geopolitical technology race/dominance perspective.

The key risk in all of this is where the future price of Scandium will settle given the currently unknown supply/demand dynamics. I'll be interested to see how CLQ address this in the PFS - as I'm sure will many others!

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
0.030(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $40.60M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.0¢ 47.5¢ 42.5¢ $13.11K 28.98K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6344 42.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 4477 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.