@Sweetsound - I have just wasted another day - too hot to move...

1. 17,893 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    @Sweetsound - I have just wasted another day - too hot to move around much, so kept cool, didn't cook, just made and ate a salad. I have been baking bread (rye with all sorts of goodies mixed in, like ground linseeds, ground sunflower seeds, a few chopped walnuts, honey and molasses . . . and i let it rise and 'feed' the dough over 3 days) , but the next lot will have to wait, too hot atm - but I feel so much better eating this bread, it's like a meal.
    BUT I watched 'Amadeus' again, after many years - there it is on 'Netflix' - amazing movie, total fantasy of course, and for a genuine Mozart fan, Tom Hulce's representation is a little too 'punkish' - Mozart was actually an amazingly well-educated musician, did actually make some notes, (which his wife destroyed after his death) and then wrote the finished pieces in a very short time, faultlessly. I don't think he had a Freudian fear of his father either, (as some of the scenes depicting the Commandatore as his father seem to say 0 his father was his teacher, friend and always had his back. That was a bit annoying, but fact is, it is an amazing movie and allows the music to shine.
    It is a glorious revamp of his times, back ground, very theatrical, and the music was just so beautiful. Will recommend it to a new friend I made recently, who is just a singer of folk songs, Irish folk songs, so I hope to introduce him to glorious classical music. Don't know if he has Netflix, or if he is even interested - people become so focused on one style, sometimes just a few artists only.
    Good Night
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.