1. 17,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    @Sweetsound,

I know most of those dishes, have eaten them - often an extra portion of sour cream goes on top of an already rich dish - yes, it's to do with cold weather.
    I made a Szegely gulyas yesterday, only had a bite to eat and finished up with a sore tummy, not used to this sort of food anymore. Had a lunch from it today, enjoyed it, but better when fresh - my mother used to serve that with dumplings made from cubed day-old white bread rolls, flour, egg, finely cut bacon (just a little), finely cut parsley, salt, muscat etc.

Tomorrow, time permitting, I'll also make a sour cream strudel - and will use pre-bought pastry sheets for it. I have made it with the pulled elastic dough - but too much fuss and needs a lot of practice to become perfect - am having surprise after-lunch guests.
    Semolina dumplings in a beef or chicken broth broth with just a few nicely cubed or 'starred' veggies in the clear soup - delish!!! - I have made that from time to time, have one here with the dumpling made with grated chicken liver in it

'nokedli' in Austrian is 'Nockerl' probably from the Italian 'gnocchi' - I have never eaten 'turos csisza' seems delicious and quick; must try it out! but know that in places like Carynthia they make all sorts of gnocchi type pastry, in different shapes and filled with cream cheese etc. young women there, in the past were 'judged' on their 'crimping' skills, which is the edging used to close the dough pockets - nowadays of course, mechanical tools are used.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5582/5582738-569bc9c8df5ea07efef20812b9e039d4.jpg
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.