ECT 14.3% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Media Alert. A Current Affair tonight ECT interviewed, page-26

1. 126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53

This is honestly great. Positive media exposure is always welcome. I first thought ECT is among a number of other businesses to compete with each other, after reading this statement:
    Environmental Clean Technologies Limited, along with a consortium of businesses, wants to purchase the land and the mining rights at Yallourn when it retires in 2028.
    But no, it's actually a number of businesses willing to collaborate with ECT to purchase the site (this doesn't mean there aren't other people competing for a bid). Some people certainly sees the money in this site; the most profitable business model is to turn something people perceive as invaluable into valuable products. Now ECT just need phase 2 BM results to support their net-zero and 1000tpa hydrogen claim (from BM alone).

I disagree with the comments made by AIC:
    Merzian is the Climate and Energy Program director at the Australia Institute in Canberra and doesn't support the company's bid to buy the Yallourn Power Station.

Hm yes, and the coal workers previously working in Latrobe Valley will be able to relocate, find another job at coal-fired power station and continue paying their mortgage and buy food for their family. Oh wait, not all can root themselves from a regional community, you guys are advocating for these power stations to shut down so they can't find a job, and how would they pay for their mortgage and family? What's cheaper? Social welfare of net-zero technology?

Well, this is basically what EnergyAustralia's statement said:
    We are determined to demonstrate that coal-fired power can exit the market in a responsible way that supports our people and ensures customers continue to receive reliable energy while transitioning to cleaner supplies of electricity. We're getting on with the job of delivering Yallourn's transition. We have asked each member of the Yallourn workforce about their desires for the future and what planning and upskilling support they need to get there. EnergyAustralia is committed to doing our share toward Australia's transition to net zero emissions and at the same time, continue to responsibly provide cleaner, reliable and affordable energy for Victorian households and businesses.

Kind of related-unrelated, I'm happy how well ECT held the line today, amid other stocks absolutely tanking today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $2 522

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
47 18713401 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11515067 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.01pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.