ARU 0.00% 16.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Media Articles, page-20

1. 538 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    "According to Adamas Intelligence, there is a reason why automakers have not used cheap and accessible alternatives like iron oxide: getting the same performance comes at the price of significantly higher weight. RELATED ARTICLE Electric cars Tesla gives car shoppers reason to wait as prices keep falling In one case it cited, the iron oxide magnets were 30 per cent heavier – “a massive weight penalty,” it said."

Interesting observation above in the Age article.

My understanding is that there is already some concern that current battery powered vehicles being heavier than ICE vehicles already have a potential problem in that multi-storey car parks were designed for a weight loading appropriate for ICE vehicles. There was recently an article about a multi-story collapse which may not be directly related (?) but that collapse will highlight the concern that operators of car parks have as battery powered vehicle numbers increase.

A 30% further increase in the weight of a current battery pack would seem to a major concern if in fact a current EV vehicle is already up to 33% heavier than its ICE equivalent???

I think if Elon is looking at even heavier EV vehicles he may have car park owners and operators around the world banning entry of his vehicles?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $394.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.3¢ 16.0¢ $558.1K 3.483M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1818172 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 1729486 40
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.