ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Media attention, page-143

1. HTS
    39 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Guys, the reason the SP is only "just" bubbling alog and reacted negatively to recent signing is that the whole concept is still up in the air albeit getting some traction as it is still subject to a lot of things falling into place namely the actual press of button for pilot plant. Both technologies are game changers in many respects but still at end of day largely unproven on commercial basis. India is a major steel producer with thousands of small steel making plants dispersed throughout its vast land and they are very good at it and know how to make steel coupled with their voracious and burgeoning appetite and fundamental need for thermal coal I agree with managements foray into this market. The downside is doing any business in India let alone potentially disruptive business's State bureaucratic partners is excruciatingly slow, cumbersome and down right frustrating as deadlines are hardly ever met and there is always the lingering air of uncertainty and risk in dealing with Indian companies as they are extremely sensitive to the minutest of monetary costs and almost dismissive of time cost as time is valued very low in India and while remain time (which the Indians have in abundance) then there remains ever growing risk of the goal posts being changed as the more one is patient then the more you are committed and far more susceptible to a negative "re-negotiation". This is the reality of doing business in India. For these reasons I applaud the management team in adopting the process they have, its akin to "playing the game" as they are cognisant of the above risks I've mentioned so they have developed a path whereby each step is supported by a signed document with each one being more significantly committed than the previous one. This does not guarantee success as nothing is guaranteed in doing business with India until money is in the bank but its a well considered and formidable approach that has a more than even chance of progressing. I have been involved with ECT shares for a long time and I knew the original owners and founders of the technology. I saw the original pilot plants and I saw the passion and sparkle in the eye of the original inventor and owner. This technology has legs but its a tough one to breakthrough as there is a wall of billions of dollars invested in the current technologies that ECT is threatening to disrupt and obviously its not in their interest for this to succeed. IMO the worst thing Management can do now is try to push something through as a reaction to impatience or trying to make the Indians turn up the temperature. The more they attempt this then the more weak our position. The Indians have the money, the market and the time and they know we don't have neither the money or the market what they are testing now and trying to ascertain is how much time do we have. They want this technology but its whether ECT can hold out. IMO management needs to adopt this approach and shareholders need to support. Hope my thoughts resonate with the majority of us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.