I sort of like politicans like Hanson ----------- I also liked...

1. 86,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

I sort of like politicans like Hanson ----------- I also liked Russ Hinze from years back -

I surely didn't like what they stood for or what they did - but, I liked that they were honest about it

Hanson is out there - she doesn't hide from what she is.

Hinze - I remember clear as day because I was involved in a graft and corruption situation then about the time with the nats -

anyway - Hinze got sprung selling real estate out of his political office - which, of course was a no no -

well - the media fronted him and said ----------- look - you've been caught selling real estate from a government office -

well - he didn't hide - not a bit - all he said was (not exact words probably - but, close enough) --

'well, if people don't like it - then, I'll stop'

boom - game over - he just walked away unscathed - I quite admired that - I thought - well, at least he's honest - AND, he just defused the whole thing on the spot - what could they say --------- it was really quite masterful in a way

I never had much to do with him personally, I dealt with a couple of the other ones in the club there - but, one of my family did buy the Oxenford that he owned ------ a politically interesting era

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.