ZIP 1.21% $1.25 zip co limited..

Media/Investment banks turn on a dime loose their credibility

1. 217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 136
    What I find interesting just 5 months ago the news was Zip has purchased Quadpay for a whole lot of money and huge risk that quadpay won't grow because of Afterpay in the us. That the market was saturated. And in the following 6 months quadpay has tripled the size of its business.

Now the media is saying is Zip biting off more than it can chew.
    I find it interesting how the market darling Afterpay has so much positivity around it. When we know they have a culture issue. They had the flatline growth in the US for a quarter something Zip has never experienced. We also have the ongoing saga in the UK where they have lied to their shareholders about how much the last ten percent of Clearpay will cost them....

If you look at the media there has been a lot of negativity aimed at Zip. It's executing on its business plan. So I wonder who is paying for these articles to come out.
    A huge amount I think is coming from banks but that is bnpl industry wide.
    I think a huge amount must be coming from Afterpay trying to play dirty and bag it's competitors. You jsut have to look at Stefan as a shining example of that. But then you see.companies like Rask Media pump out these inaccurate and outdated articles on Zip with a negative bent.

It's interesting to see it all unfold I have to say.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.25
Change
0.015(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $1.367B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.24 $1.26 $1.22 $9.222M 7.407M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1495 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.25 485884 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.24
  Change
0.015 ( 0.59 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.24 $1.26 $1.22 1338872
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.