NEU 3.26% $21.09 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

nice to see acadia jump 7.7%, lets hope it rubs off on neu....

1. 256 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    nice to see acadia jump 7.7%, lets hope it rubs off on neu. similar narrative should apply, vastly undervalued and good time for investors to build a position, blockbuster sales potential for daybue, etc

https://www.********/investing/2023/10/10/why-acadia-pharmaceuticals-stock-is-rising-today/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

An analyst upgrade is sparking a rally in the drugmaker's shares today.

What happened

Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD 7.73%) is having a strong session Tuesday. Specifically, the drugmaker's shares were up by a healthy 6.7% on moderate volume at 10:02 a.m. ET.

What's sparking this rally? Ahead of the opening bell, JPMorgan analyst Tessa Romero upgraded the bank's outlook from neutral to overweight and raised its 12-month price target on the stock to $32 per share (up from $29 per share). This updated price target implies a noteworthy 47% upside potential relative to Acadia Pharmaceuticals' closing price on Monday.

So what

Despite an impressive 44.6% gain year-to-date, Acadia Pharmaceuticals stock has actually been struggling in recent weeks. Thanks to concerns about a patent dispute, rising bond yields, and a general aversion to risk by some investors, the biotech's shares have lost nearly a third of their value since hitting a 52-week high back in late July. As a result, this analyst upgrade probably couldn't have come at a better time.

Acadia Pharmaceuticals stock screens as an attractive, fundamentals-driven growth story, despite the patent and macro headwinds. Driving this point home, the drugmaker's stock is presently trading at only 3 times projected 2025 sales, a bargain-basement valuation for a company on track to post double-digit sales growth in both 2023 and 2024.

Now what

Is Acadia Pharmaceuticals stock still a buy? I think so. The company's newly approved Rett syndrome medication, Daybue, has blockbuster sales potential, and its Parkinson's disease psychosis drug, Nuplazid, is a proven revenue generator. Taken together, I think these two drugs will drive the company to consistent levels of profitability perhaps as soon as 2024. With its shares trading well below recent highs, I think now is a good time to start building a position in this mid-cap biotech.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.09
Change
-0.710(3.26%)
Mkt cap ! $2.693B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.74 $21.78 $21.03 $7.303M 342.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 377 $21.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.10 257 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$21.16
  Change
-0.710 ( 3.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
$21.72 $21.72 $21.03 92331
Last updated 15.59pm 17/05/2024 ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.