SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Media Reports & SP manipulation and a brief excerpt from a Senate Inquiry (ASIC/ASX)

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1192
    The 9 Media Entertainment Co's attack against ISX has to be investigated and/or legally challenged in order to determine 9EC's 'motive' for releasing their recent barrage of  'misconstrued', substandard, misleading, biased and opinionated reporting.  Many in Australia are now owed an explanation by 9EC and its journalists for what is clearly perceived to be a malicious campaign to cause damage to an Australian company and its retail shareholders.

My advice to any ASX listed company shareholders, is to start compiling a record, in whatever format you choose.  The guides I use are those below.  The first is from a Senate Inquiry which investigated share price manipulation.

There are numerous items in the Senate Inquiry report which could be quoted here .....I chose this one, one of thousands I could have repeated.  "Wrong-footing and panicking retail investors through tactics such as deliberately selling down announcements that herald major developments for the Company. A disappointing share price reaction invariably takes away from the significance of an announcement and leads to investor confusion and angst."
    Then this - "Panicking investors by using large buy bids to support a share price and then suddenly selling into the bids to give the appearance of price weakness, but where the buying and selling has been between related parties.
    * Capitalizing on trading volatility by entities engineering price falls in trading between themselves that lead to the margin limits of exposed investors being triggered causing irrational panic amongst retail investors, which in turn accelerates price falls".

Guide 1
    This index list is an excerpt of items from a Senate Inquiry investigating share price manipulation and an enquiry into ASIC and ASX (2013).  I find these are useful headings to use and/or refer to when analysing and.oror recording events which are occurring to some ASX companies in 2019.

Index page of Senate Inquiry into ASIC.JPG

Guide 2
    The template I have developed and used to detail and list the impact on shareholders as a result of published journalist’s articles is this one below.  For me, it helps capture and record the immediate impact.

Date/time of online media publication:
    Publishing Event (name of publication & mode):
    Title of Article:
    Author/s:
    Source (weblink to their article):   
    ASX share price post CSPA (previous day):
    ASX share price post CSPA (following the date of publication above):
    Volume of shares traded in the company on the ASX:
    (useful to note previous day, publication date and following day volumes)

Short selling volumes & %:

Headline and opening statements from the article:

(my notes: post here the weblink even if copyrighted, cut/paste and/or snapshot article title, authors, published date and time)

(Add comments): as an example only – my statement and (1) and (2) comments are below.  DO add your own comments and information. (1) and (2) are statements which in IMO apply to all scenarios for recent 9EC publications in relation to ISX to date.  DO refer to ASX announcements (links/other information etc) for the ASX listed company especially those that precede a journalist’s post i.e. a journalist reporting information with ‘skewed’ intent after an ASX announcement.   

Comments:  The article contains misleading and ambiguous journalistic statements and personal opinions.  The publisher and the journalist/s have used unverified and/or incorrect information or a combination of both.

Information could have been verified prior to publication by: (my note: provide direct links to ASX announcements)
    (1)  Viewing readily available ASX listed company announcements on the ASX website; and/or
    (2)  Contacting the ASX listed company directly – prior to publication.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.