SYR 2.74% 35.5¢ syrah resources limited

As you know there has been an oversupply of battery availability...

1. 5,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 871
    As you know there has been an oversupply of battery availability this year. Whether the surplus continues allowing them to be used for BESS is debatable. Extrapolating out 168% or 150% yearly growth is unwise. BESS growth forecasts are higher than EV's but off a much lower base but are significant to the overall picture or will be in a few years.

Companies are building BESS specific battery manufacturing plants because EV batteries aren't ideally suited. The BESS industry has had to use whatever they can get so far. Like graphite, they're the poorer cousins who don't get as much attention as they deserve.

As for NVX, I wanted to get some synthetic exposure to the US/DOE response to China's threatened export bans/limits and the recently released FEOC guidelines. The unpredictability of any announcements makes it impossible to time your entry and I was happy with the entry price. My financial position allows me to write off any losses and then some before 30 Jun so I have time to assess developments. Like SYR, I'm hoping good news out paces lack of revenue driving the shorters. I can easily buy more or sell.

Due to the lack of information, there is very little understanding of how long it takes to build the plants, their physical size and complexity, how it takes to scale, how they actually manufacture and cost. It only dawned on me 12 months ago. I'm still unclear exactly what the manufacturing process is to produce synthetic. The NVX boys and girls know less than I do which is a worry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.5¢
Change
-0.010(2.74%)
Mkt cap ! $367.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.5¢ 37.0¢ 35.0¢ $2.274M 6.355M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 189831 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 53310 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.