OCC 1.28% 38.5¢ orthocell limited

Media thread, page-586

1. 7,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6844
    Many investors will be familiar with Alan Kohler, an Australian financial journalist, television presenter, and former newspaper editor, who used to present the finance segment on the news on the ABC. Paul Anderson did an interview with him (you can sign up for a free short-term membership to read in full):

https://www.intelligentinvestor.com.au/investment-news/orthocell-repair-and-regeneration/153782

Its hardly a silky presentation of the company by Paul in my opinion, but there is information in there for investors to gain a few more specifics that have been a bit illusive, for example some details on Striate and BioHorizons:

AK: Is the deal with Bio Horizons take or pay? Have you got an agreement as to the minimum amount they're going to buy?
    PA: We do and so they've been a fantastic partner. Just to give you an understanding I think they did around 11,000 units in their first year and they did 26,000 in their second year and they're looking to aggressively move that north as well. They have been a tremendous partner, it's been a really good relationship and we're delighted with the sales and where they're heading with it. What it's really enabled us to do, Alan, is to focus on the very high margin business and the very exciting business which is our nerve repair product.

...and some more specific insights to revenue:

AK: What do you think the immediate future of Striate looks like, what's the potential market for it?
    PA: At 20% market share of which Bio Horizons currently operate in to us is worth about $55 million across the desk every year in wholesale revenues. It's a good business and when you partner that business with our nerve product which is significantly more than that, that's about $255 million per year over the desk in wholesale revenue to us. The big opportunity in this in the company is around our nerve repair but we have had our dental product that we look to monetise and we've done that with our partner in Bio Horizon and now we're really focussed on our nerve repair product.

...and of course their ambitions on Remplir:

AK: Are American surgeons still using sutures or have they got some collagen repair work going on?
    PA: There are some - if I can call them generation one attempts to use collagen but the majority of surgeons in the US are still using sutures. That represents a fantastic opportunity for our company as I mentioned, a 20% market share of the three major markets is about - to give you an indication there's over 650,000 peripheral nerves repaired in the US per year and a 20% market share of the nerve market in the three major markets of US, Europe and Australia, looks about $255 million of revenue to our company. This is an incredible opportunity, it's a fantastic business model, it's cost effective for patients and society and we're seeing a more consistent and predictable outcome when using Remplir for nerve repair.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.28%)
Mkt cap ! $80.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 39.0¢ 38.0¢ $31.21K 81.11K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 57705 37.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 1315 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.37pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.