IMU 5.56% 5.7¢ imugene limited

I just finished watching the episode. Courageous story, great...

1. 111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    I just finished watching the episode. Courageous story, great guy, immense hope etc etc
    But to me it raised several huge worries.
    1. The elitism of the doctors involved. The patient is no less than a professor of pathology at the Melanoma Institute. He is courageous and prepared to put his life on the line.
    But surely countless other courageous men and women all over Australia would jump at such an opportunity if they had the incurable GBM Type 4 brain cancer. But alas. This guy is allowed to undertake the highly speculative treatment. That sucks. Which leads to....
    2. The arrogance of these melanoma doctors to think they can try their novel approach on another tumour type altogether. What about all the hundreds of scientists and doctors working tirelessly for the last few decades to find a better treatment or a cure for GBM? What about the astounding results from our sister company CHM and their GBM trial? It seems in about two minutes after the melanoma professor was diagnosed they had incredibly formulated a brand new treatment for GBM! Maybe the same team can turn their immense talents to other intractable medical problems like dementia and heart disease. Why stop there. World peace, Ukraine war and Gaza are probably a stitch up for these Johnny come lately GBM brain cancer experts.
    3. How on earth did any ethics committee approve this treatment? This is what as known in the business as a N=1 trial (ie only one participant in the "trial". This is not science, it is at best of anectdotal value. How do we know which treatment he has had may have helped him, if he indeed has a good response to the protocol which has included immunotherapy treatments, surgery, radiotherapy and a personalised vaccine (as well as good food, much love from friends and family and plenty of exercise).
    4. Why has every other cancer research company or university in the world had to go endless time consuming and expensive pre clinical work, then animal trials, involving countless peer reviewed publications and conference presentations before even being allowed to get their new drug into Phase 1 human safety trials. Why were these doctors allowed to try this speculative new approach on a real human without all the preparatory work?

Having said all this, I obviously wish the good professor the very best outcome and hopefully an amazing medicine changing cure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
0.003(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $417.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.8¢ 5.2¢ $2.499M 45.00M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1921794 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 1368288 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.