IMU 2.63% 7.8¢ imugene limited

Just read an article in a newspaper and am quoting from this...

1. 12,964 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 771
    Just read an article in a newspaper and am quoting from this lengthy article some paragraphs - not enchanting matters to read

Partial QUOTES

While global deaths from cancer are falling, the number of people under the age of 50 being diagnosed with the disease is rising. No one knows exactly why.

This is the good news about cancer: broadly, cancer deaths continue to fall. A reduction in smoking, better treatments, regular screening and quicker diagnoses have resulted in fewer deaths in the past 30 years - in the case of the United States almost 4 million fewer.
    This is the bad news: more young people are being diagnosed with cancer. In fact, the risk of developing certain types of cancer when you are young has increased for every generation since the 1950s.
    The number of under-fifties worldwide being diagnosed with cancer has risen by nearly 80% in the space of 30 years, according to a recent and extensive study, published in the journal BMJ Oncology, by scientists from China's Zhejiang University, Harvard University in the USA, and Edinburgh University in Britain.
    Global cases of early onset cancer increased from less than 2 million in 1990 to more than 3 million in 2019, while deaths among people in their thirties and forties from cancer grew by 27%.
    More than a million people under the age of 50 die of cancer every year, according to the research.
    Yet another study noted that people born in the early 1990s bear four times the risk of developing rectal cancer as people born 40 years earlier. The study attributed this to higher sugar consumption, specifically sweetened drinks.
    The number of cases of colorectal cancer, in particular, has increased dramatically. Last year, the American Cancer Society (ACS) reported that 20% of all colorectal cancer diagnoses in 2019 were in patients under the age of 55, meaning that the rate of diagnosis for this particular cancer had doubled since 1995.
    A 2024 report from the ACS reported that colorectal cancer is now the leading cause of death in men under the age of 50 and the second leading cause among women the same age (breast cancer being the leading cause for them); 20 years ago it was the fourth leading cause.
    Dr. Ashley Cheng Chi-kin, clinical director of oncology at Chinese University Medical Centre, says that the rising incidence of a wide range of different cancers among people under the age of 50 is not confined to the United States. "It is a global phenomenon," he says. "There is not a clear explanation for the trend, and finding out the reasons behind it is among to top priorities for researchers."

End of PARTIAL QUOTES from that article.

For me, it will be more appropriate to find a real SOLUTION in the fight against all the different cancers rather than finding an explanation for the soaring cases among younger people.

wasa

PS 1: I wanted to give "Taureanbull" a 'thumb up' for his excellent post number 72109945 - but by then I had already used up my quota of 'thumbs up'...
    And, yes, indeed, as Taureanbull did mention: The "NEU model" would not be a bad path forward for IMUGENE for sure! In fact, I sense that it is somewhat likely the only really feasible way forward.

PS2: "Dave": You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
    Dave/others: I do remember when this song by Bob Dylan came out and how much I loved it - and I still like it today. Had to look it up: It was recorded on 14.1.1965 - "Subterranen Homesick Blues".
    Would / will it not be a kind of 'strange' coincidence if just around 60 years later (i.e. by January 14. 2025) or even a bit sooner (?) Imugene will show the medical world who is ahead in the fight against some (or even most/all) cancers....?
    Why 60 years is sort of important to me? Even though I am fully of European background, I have by now lived in Asia for a long time and one cannot really ignore some of the ANCIENT patterns of the dominant populations in Eastern Asia, i.e. China. The Chinese have this 5 times 12 years cycle and after 60 years one starts a kind of "new life". And hopefully - with IMUGENE - the world will start this "new life" beyond the deadly threat of cancer within the coming Chinese New Year of the DRAGON, which will start in February (February 10th will be the first day of the Chinese New Year).....

PS 3: All the best to all IMU holders and buyers. Take good care.

wasa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.8¢
Change
0.002(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $556.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.7¢ 7.8¢ 7.5¢ $773.4K 10.14M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 737510 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 1170767 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.04pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.7¢
  Change
0.002 ( 1.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.6¢ 7.8¢ 7.5¢ 4232404
Last updated 12.27pm 08/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.