IMU 5.88% 5.4¢ imugene limited

Media Thread, page-11739

1. 2,869 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11981

Hi LetoMax

The short answer is - hopefully "Yes," but it may take a while before we know for sure.

The longer answer is:

In preclinical studies Yuman Fong's CF33 oncolytic virus (now licensed to Imugene) was tested against the "NCI-60" set of cancer cell types, which includes a cell line for Prostate Cancer.
    https://dtp.cancer.gov/discovery_development/nci-60/

CF33 killed all solid cancer types in the NCI-60, plus another 20 cancer cell lines that Yuman tried it out on.

Imugene now has the "Vaxinia" version of the CF33 oncolytic virus in a clinical trial with real human subjects - the "MAST" trial. Usually, clinical trials are against a single cancer type, but because CF33 seems to be effective for most (and maybe all) solid cancers), the FDA has allowed Imugene to trial it across any solid cancer type.

The idea is: see if the results in humans show a broad effect across many cancer types, (as was indicated by the pre-clinical studies), and then do some expansion cohorts in cancer types where it seems to be most effective - based on the early trial results.

At this point I do not know if they have any Prostate Cancer patients enrolled in the trial, but it would seem likely to me that they do because PC is so common. The trial inclusion criteria certainly allow for PC to be included. The criteria are as follows:

Inclusion Criteria:

• Written informed consent from patient or legally authorized representative
    • Age ≥ 18 years old on the date of consent
    • Any metastatic or advanced solid tumor with documented radiological progression following at least two prior lines of treatment (which may have included prior immune checkpoint inhibitor treatment)
    • ECOG performance status 0 - 2
    • At least one measurable lesion
    • Adequate renal function
    • Adequate liver function
    • Adequate hematologic function
    • Willing and able to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests, and other study procedures

The trial is happening at 12 sites across the USA and Australia. At one of those sites - University of Miami - they are explicitly targeting "Prostate, Kidney and Bladder cancers." Source: https://umiamihealth.org/en/sylvester-comprehensive-cancer-center/clinical-trials/trials/a-study-of-cf33hnis-vaxinia-an-oncolytic-virus-as-monotherapy-or-in-combination-with-pembrolizumab-i-20220554

In Australia, the two trial sites are:

• St Vincents Hospital in Fitzroy Vic. At the ST Vincents site they seem to be accepting all solid cancer types. "adult patients with metastatic or advanced solid tumors". Source: https://www.svhm.org.au/research/clinical-trials/our-trials (scroll down to "Solid Tumours" section." The contact person listed there is someone called "Jane Mack." I don't have her contact details - but I'm sure you could find out by calling or emailing the hospital.
    • Tasman Oncology Research in Southport , Gold Coast Qld. I can't find a specific reference on their website, but it does say "If you would like more information regarding clinical trial opportunities, please speak with your doctor or one of our research coordinators. The coordinators can be reached directly on (07) 5613 2484, or [email protected]. " Source: https://tasmanhealthcare.com.au/research/

Note that the clinical trial for Vaxinia is only open to patients who have advanced or metastatic disease, and they must have had their cancer progress despite at least 2 previous lines of treatment.

The early results released so far have not mentioned Prostate Cancer specifically - but they did not actually list all the cancer types currently included in the study with enrolments to date.

PC is very very treatable if caught before it gets to advanced or metastatic stage. If you are asking because you, or someone you know, is living with PC - then it's a matter of having serious decisions with an Oncologist - and if it was me I would be getting at least a second opinion, and maybe a third.

I hope this helps.

I am not a medical person myself so I'm not offering advice - just responding to your question as best I can.

Very best wishes

Dave
    Last edited by davybabyk: 09/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.003(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $396.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.7¢ 5.1¢ $1.713M 31.55M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 623619 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.