IMU 0.00% 5.4¢ imugene limited

Thanks to those who posted this interview. I enjoyed it a lot....

1. 53 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 290
    Thanks to those who posted this interview. I enjoyed it a lot.

Leslie began in her opening statement "we would love to find a cure for cancer" - that is a fairly bold introduction. I feel Leslie is normally quite careful with her words, but this interview she certainly threw the "cure" term around with ease.

I think Leslie explained the cholangio cancer market well. 8,000 patients annually in the US, current market is worth $600m which will grow to $2.2bn USD in the future. It was very clear that there are limited treatment options in cholangiocarcinoma and that if Imugene were to get a drug into that market it would capture the entire market. Leslie very confidently referred to drug responses as "tumour shrinkage and tumour obliteration". Very strong claims. Leslie also spoke very positively about Australian biotech - if Imugene is to get drugs to market then a light will certainly be shone on the aussie biotech space.

What wasn't well-articulated is the fact that Vaxinia kills all cancers. The layperson listening to that interview would have though that the oncolytic virus is specific to cholangiocarcinoma. What most of us on this forum know is that Vaxinia was effective in killing all NCI-60 cancer cell lines. To be sure of its efficacy, Professor Fong tested the CF33 virus against an additional 30 cancer lines (90 in total) to the same effect. Imugene's strategy to gain approval in hard to treat cancer indications, to me, is very clever. As Leslie did in this interview, it's easy to explain the market size and potential profitability of small / untapped markets. As Imugene picks up approvals in more and more cancer indications, the market will be able to add value to our products one by one. I also believe (from reading other HC contributions) that once an approved product is in the market, oncologists will be able to prescribe Vaxinia "off-label" for other cancer indications.

We, as informed shareholders, have a massive advantage in knowing what CF33 and its associated products (Vaxinia and OnCARlytics) are capable of. At this stage of development I feel it's hard to sell the idea of the "holy grail" cancer cure, although Leslie certainly stated her quest to find it confidently in this interview. What is more digestible by a market currently failing to assign appropriate value to Imugene's products is gaining approval for indication after indication.

Another speculative point - perhaps Leslie doesn't have to be selling the versatility of the CF33 suite to the general public as potential suitors (BP) will certainly have an understanding of the immense value of Imugene products being developed.

Good luck to holders, DYOR, chur

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $396.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.6¢ 5.3¢ $537.6K 10.00M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 207796 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 1452903 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.