IMU 0.00% 5.7¢ imugene limited

Media Thread, page-14807

1. 9,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26148
    I was going out the door when I responded. Your response is much better. I think it is worthwhile highlighting that the Keytruda side effects has this paragraph front and centre at the beginning of a very long list:

"Serious side effects

KEYTRUDA is a medicine that may treat certain cancers by working with your immune system. KEYTRUDA can cause your immune system to attack normal organs and tissues in any area of your body and can affect the way they work. These problems can sometimes become severe or life-threatening and can lead to death. You can have more than one of these problems at the same time. These problems may happen anytime during treatment or even after your treatment has ended."

In fairness to Keytruda I think you can only have death by itself not with other side effects unless unlike possessions you can take side effects to the grave. (Dark humour)

I know that many do listen to Lesley Chong but I do wonder how many times it needs to be said that what Imugene is bringing hopefully to the fight against cancer is unlike anything else.

While this trial is fantastic that the other company has announced with Keytruda it is still old world thinking and even if they are successful the type of solution that Imugene is bringing as you point out is an entirely new paradigm (not like anything else) for the treatment of cancer.

I will try an example. Internal combustion engine cars dominate across the world. They can be cheap as chips or beyond the reach of even wealthy individuals. They can be fuel efficient or they can be like my SS Ute. They come with side effects. They can pollute the atmosphere, help you to top yourself, even cause cancer. No matter however what improvements are made to the internal combustion engine it will still produce carbon emissions. I love my SS Ute, my Boxster and my 550 Merc they do everything I require of a motor vehicle but my use of them has side effects that are not that good.

Because of these side effects electric or hydrogen or fuel cell vehicles will eventually replace them because of the absence of carbon emissions despite how good some internal combustion powered vehicles are at what they do.

The same applies to what Imugene is hopefully bringing to the table.

There are lots of current treatments out there that do a good end job, but at huge cost and with significant side effects going well beyond hair loss, nausea etc so that once a treatment that is inexpensive by comparison, just as effective (probably more effective) and has none of these side effects hits the market their days will be numbered.

If you want to worry about a competitor worry about the ones that are targeting the same market which is the one where the treatment can cure all solid tumours without any side effects, admissions to hospital, reoccurrence and at reasonable cost.

This is the target market that Imugene is aiming for and so far it seems as Lesley Chong has said Imugene's offering is unlike anything else.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $407.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.7¢ 5.5¢ $374.5K 6.720M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 36121 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 60769 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.