IMU 0.00% 4.8¢ imugene limited

And then the penny dropped...I'm also convinced that we probably...

1. 1,526 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2013
    And then the penny dropped...
    I'm also convinced that we probably will need to add T cells simply because a lot of the patients have been on chemotherapy for a long time, I'm not convinced that their...innate immune system is going to do the final job' [around the 59 minute mark].

It's easy to forget that azer-cel, Vaxinia and OnCARlytics are immunotherapies and assume that they are act-alone-therapeutics. The data can be easily misinterpreted if we lose sight of the fact that they are combination therapy between the therapeutic and the bodies own innate immune system. Professor Fong appears to infer that the final success of an immunotherapy will depend upon the patient being able to complete the act of healing. The question arises whether azer-cel or CF33 is doing its job or whether the patient's innate immune system is too damaged to complete the job.

Chemotherapy is poison.

This paradigm changes everything. If chemotherapy poisons the innate immune system how do we repair it in order that the immunotherapeutic can facilitate a complete and durable response? The presentation by Professor Fong is gold. We need T cells to go. It appears clear from the presentation that CAR T cells provide the best available answer for both blood and solid tumors. Further it also appears clear that allogeneic rather than autologous will produce healthy and robust CAR T cells that are neither depleted nor compromised by rounds of chemotherapy.
    Last edited by waynesworld: Today, 11:58

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $356.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $328.5K 6.792M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
45 5443565 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 2171910 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.