IMU 9.26% 5.9¢ imugene limited

Media Thread, page-6187

1. 2,870 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11994
    Hi Sag

Yes indeed - very interesting! It show's that Dr K's work is getting widespread notice in the scientific community. (One small point - Her-vaxx pre-dates Imugene's partnership with Dr K, and was invented by the Medical University of Vienna group - ie Dr Ursula Wiedermann and colleagues - using their Mimotope platform which is also licensed to IMU. I'm sure you knew that already, mate - I'm just clarifying the point for newer shareholders).

While on the topic of Dr Kaumaya - he has a curious presentation lined up for the World Vaccine and Immunotherapy Congress on 29 November. The title is: "Engineering a novel SARS-CoV2 B-cell epitope vaccine and investigation in transgenic K18-hACE2 mice"
    Source: https://www.terrapinn.com/conference/world-vaccine-immunotherapy-congress-west-coast/agenda.stm

So the Professor has started applying his B-cell epitope vaccine technology to Covid. Now - I don't think that falls within the cope of the B-cell licensing agreement with Imugene. Waaaaay back on 7 June 2018 that agreement was described as: "Substantial intellectual property estate with a broad patent portfolio including six patent families comprising 16 issued patents or pending applications for compositions of matter and/or methods of use of a large range of B-cell peptide and cancer vaccines comprising PD-1, HER1, HER2, HER3, VEGF, IGF-1R, CD28 peptides and combinations thereof;" Source: https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-imugene-licences-extensive-b-cell-immuno-oncology-portfolio.4232320/

The emphasis there was on cancer vaccines, and it predated Covid by years, so I suspect the Covid work falls outside the scope of the agreement with Imugene - though I suppose it is possible that the Covid vaccine does rely on one of the original patents.

However, it further demonstrates the potential of B-cell epitope vaccines and the considerable wisdom and achievement of Leslie Chong in persuading Dr Kaumaya to team up with Imugene 4 years ago. It was a strategic master stroke - as was the later partnership with Professor Fong, and quite possibly also the follow on partnerships with Celularity and Eureka.

We are already seeing the benefits because the SP back when they signed the agreement with Dr K was under 3 cents. However, (personal opinion - not advice) I do think the gains to come will well and truly eclipse that.

Cheers

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.005(9.26%)
Mkt cap ! $433.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.9¢ 5.4¢ $1.489M 25.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35252 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 1753430 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.