IMU 5.08% 6.2¢ imugene limited

Media Thread, page-7372

1. 2,884 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12230
    Hi fattchoi!

Yes - that is indeed the question. Study 305 seems to be a purely IMU/City of Hope generated study. It was not carried out by Amgen, so far as I can see. All the study authors are CoH or IMU people.

So it looks like Saul and Yuman decided to widen the application of OnCARlytics beyond CAR-T combinations. Blincyto is a "Bispecific T cell engager (BiTE) monoclonal antibody."

This goes way beyond my pay grade, but they are very different to a CAR-T. Instead of taking a patient's T cells, altering them, cloning them, and using them as a treatment (CAR-T), the BiTE is administered to the patient and it binds to the patient's existing immune system T-cells, and also to the cancer cells - in effect bringing them together and forcing the T cell to attack the cancer cell. Very clever!

Blincyto targets the CD19 protein found on the Leukaemia cells. OnCARlytic forces solid tumours to express CD19 as well - so I guess it was a logical experiment for them to carry out. Blincyto is available on the market - so they didn't need Amgen's permission.

If I was a senior guy in Amgen, I would certainly be blinking. An effective treatment for Triple Negative Breast Cancer is a huge need, and a huge market, and if this combo gives Blincyto a "robust anti-tumour efficacy" against TNBC, it could/should work against any other solid tumour which can be forced by OnCARlytics to express CD19. That would be........ omg.....

Blink

Lol

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.2¢
Change
0.003(5.08%)
Mkt cap ! $455.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.5¢ 5.7¢ $1.751M 28.44M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 660964 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 549788 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.