IMU 7.14% 7.5¢ imugene limited

Media Thread, page-12489

1. 420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3358
    G'Day @Outlander2,

A couple points to add to yours.

Arovella therapy is an "off-the-shelf" CAR product, so Azer Cel is a perfect substitute. Perhaps they are seeing unequivocal evidence that OnCARlytics with Blincyto is working as it should, flagging CD19 and giving confidence to IMU that they won't need the iNk platform. Even if Amgen is sniffing around, IMU doesn't need Blincyto when they have Azer-Cel.

The abruptness in the language and also making it clear that "in vivo data for the combination of ALA-101 and onCARlytics will no longer be generated." to me speaks to disclosure. Notably, no further data disclosure will be made public around OnCARlytics by a party outside of IMU.

Like with many of the happenings with IMU, we can all be guilty of reading between the lines. Is it likely just empty space and not much else? Who knows.

@Fibber

Thanks for posting this.

There is more confirmation that CF33 is seeking out and infecting immunologically cold tumours and turning them hot. Bile Duct cancer is also known as immunologically cold. So it's fair to say CF33 will be efficacious with Pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is a significant unmet need. See below some high-level survival rates for Pancreatic cancer (see https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/pancreatic-cancer/survival)

Regional
    Around 50 out of 100 people (around 50%) survive their cancer for 1 year or more after diagnosis.
    Around 15 out of 100 people (around 15%) survive their cancer for 3 years or more after diagnosis.
    Distant
    Around 10 out of 100 people (around 10%) survive their cancer for 1 year or more after diagnosis.
    Only 1 out of 100 people (1%) survive their cancer for 3 years or more after diagnosis.

As an immunologically cold cancer (therefore, immunotherapies like Keytruda do not work), Pancreatic cancer's standard of care remains to be a very harsh chemo combo. If CF33 gets any confirmation of its effectiveness in humans coupled with its safety profile, it will be a worldwide front-page newsworthy. It's a testament to Yuman and his team for aiming their sights at some of the hardest-to-treat cancers. Although this abstract confirms that onCARlytics is working preclinically on pancreatic cancer, the team has already published numerous papers confirming CF33's preclinical effectiveness in pancreatic, gastric and peritoneal cancer (such as here, here, and here). So, the data is there; we only need human confirmation, which I suspect will be coming soon.

@Taureanbull, the 1.9 million you referenced was just for colorectal cancer cases worldwide in 2020 (with 930,000 deaths related to that type). Colorectal has a low mortality rate because it is also designated as a 'cold' tumour (excellent paper written about it here). Also, fulfilling a substantial unmet need.

There were over 19 million cancer cases and 10 million deaths worldwide; there is a huge need for safe, effective cancer therapy if you ask me.

The ones with effective treatment options outside of early surgery, like the ones below, seem to be the ones IMU is filling its clinical trials with. Paul Hoppers company I might add, what a greedy prick for building a team that's primary focus for the last ten years has been focused on treating the hardest cancers. :/

~200,000 diagnosed with TNBC
    ~313,959 diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer
    ~495,000 diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer
    ~30,000 diagnosed with Mesothelioma
    ~800,000 diagnosed with Liver Cancer
    ~1.9 million diagnosed with Colorectal Cancer

Success in any of these cancers will only boost the success and application to other indications; I know I labour the point, but the safety profile so far for CF33 is non-existent for effective cancer treatments. So we are in unchartered territory on a number of different fronts. I feel we'll be getting confirmation very soon now.

Cheers.

Last edited by Jov88: 21/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
0.005(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $548.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.6¢ 7.1¢ $1.896M 25.79M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 3194318 7.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.6¢ 331280 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.6¢
  Change
0.005 ( 6.34 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.1¢ 7.6¢ 7.1¢ 15199158
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.