IMU 1.67% 6.1¢ imugene limited

Media Thread, page-9640

1. 2,865 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11857
    Hi Cash

Thanks for posting this. Prof Fong is getting everyone's attention right now due to his visit, and because CF33 looks so exciting, but the B cell platform is also unique to Imugene and it has massive potential.

The multi segment interview with Prof Kaumaya that you posted a link to is extremely interesting. Prof K has a lot to say and he is clearly passionate about B cell vaccines. He highlights the limitations of the current SOC monoclonal antibody drugs - limited effectiveness, short duration of effect, toxicity and massive costs. He also emphasises the benefits of the B cell polyclonal antibody approach that he has pioneered (in parallel with the Medical university of Vienna team who developed Her-vaxx). Specifically - longer duration of effect, minimal to nil toxicity, low cost, ease of administration.

Anyone who has been following IMU and reading up on the B cell vaccine will know all that already. Some other issue he raises:

• Peptide based vaccines (eg Her-vaxx and PD1-vaxx) are extremely safe but the FDA treats them like any other "small molecule drug" - as if they are potentially toxic. Trials to date have been limited to patients who have had multiple treatments of Chemotherapy - so their immune system has taken a massive hit. That make them poor candidate for an immune therapy vaccine which relies on an immune system response. He says that in his trials (I assume he means the B-vaxx and PD1-vaxx trials) - patients were put on a 6 week break from all treatment before starting the vaccine, in order to give them some chance for their immune system to recover before starting the trial.
    • IMU downplays the B-vaxx trial (which started well before Prof K licensed his work to Imugene) - but Prof K seems very upbeat about his "Her 2 vaccine" - which I think can only be a reference to B-vaxx, because Her-vaxx was developed by the Vienna team. In reply to an email, Leslie Chong has said to me that B-vaxx has limited remaining patent time, but Prof K is still running his Phase 2 trial and also using B-vaxx in combination with other B cell vaccines in preclinical animal studies. I can't help wondering whether he ha further plans for B-vaxx - eg tweaking the forums to get a new patent.
    • Prof K emphasises several time the importance of combination therapies. eg. two or more B-cell vaccines used together. This is definitely the approach IMU is taking - but because there are no FDA approved B cell vaccines, the combination study for Her-vaxx is with Keytruda (monoclonal antibody drug). I think Prof K is saying that a combination of B cell vaccines would be better.
    • Prof K - as we know - has a whole suite of B cell vaccines in development.

It's a great interview to watch. Lots there to think about.

Cheers

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.1¢
Change
0.001(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $446.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.3¢ 5.8¢ $1.661M 27.74M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 513999 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 51941 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.2¢
  Change
0.001 ( 4.38 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.0¢ 6.2¢ 5.8¢ 10422066
Last updated 15.59pm 05/06/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.