FLC 8.70% 12.5¢ fluence corporation limited

Media update, page-37

1. 1,705 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1856
    It is not the most glamorous of topics, but I have recently heard of something that could one day be another Fluence revenue stream.

MIT have begun to use robots to data-mine information from sewers.  By collecting and monitoring samples of effluent material, information can be gathered to help everything from local health management, to consumer practices and even crime fighting.

I heard of this in the context of an Australian city applying for 'Smarter City' status.  The person I saw presenting was from a local chamber of commerce, and had recently been on a related business trip to Shanghai.  They said they visited a municipal compound which had a screen 6 storeys high, from which parts of the city were being monitored right down to the level of an individual person.  That's right, they could go to a particular suburb, a particular address, or even a particular person and bring up data on everything from age to electricity consumption.  Big Brother stuff.

Anyway.....one of the things mentioned was sewer monitoring.  Want to tell the extent of an areas drug problem?  Want to know how much sugar school districts are consuming?  Want to be able spot an outbreak of disease in your city?  Check the sewers.

Data is lucrative.  The ability to derive it from human waste is something I had never thought about.  We already have big plans to monetise sludge via Microbial Fuel Cells as part of EBR.  Energy, and now data.....from sh*t?  What a world!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/magazin...mples-sewer/g1EhuRPbVR2VtwwJuo2DTN/story.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.010(8.70%)
Mkt cap ! $135.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.5¢ $3.954K 33.31K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 22222 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 55362 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.