A2M 4.17% $5.74 the a2 milk company limited

Having the perfect balance of stock v demand must be very...

1. 237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Having the perfect balance of stock v demand must be very challenging. Also ramping up production isn't that straight forward (I would have thought). I would guess that production volumes are relayed to Synlait several months in advance as ingredients (other than base milk powder) need to be ordered and in stock to meet with scheduled production. In a lot of these cases these ingredients are sourced from overseas. A juggling act when you think about it. Also the Synlait plant in Rakaia doesn't solely exist for A2 either. Furthermore, the volume of raw material in the winter is dramatically reduced so there goes your key source for increasing production. I'm not on anyone's side here but it's not like turning a tap on and off. Given what appears to be the lack of stock on shelves in Australia does indicate supply issues but (perhaps) the current stock is in China labelled tins and needs to go to China where margins are better? Why pump it in to Ozzie at a lower margin so Daigou can snap it up and send it to China, which in turn softens the demand in China for direct sales anyway? Just my thoughts....
    Finally, the cost to market (shipping) from NZ to AU is no cheaper than NZ to CN.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.