A2M 0.76% $6.64 the a2 milk company limited

I think you're missing the point a bit beating up A2 about...

1. 615 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    I think you're missing the point a bit beating up A2 about retailers who sell out of their stock. Do you know that it's not A2's decision how much stock a retailer commits to buying or stocking? A2 themselves have very little to do with that.

Let's give an example; If you own the supermarket and buy a product that completely sells out every day, emptying the shelves shortly after stocking up, then it's also up to you the supermarket owner to decide whether you take the risk of buying enough extra stock (double stocking) to replenish the empty shelves.

Maybe your anecdotes and others who keep beating up A2 because their stock sells out every day, are more of an insight into the retailers unwillingness to take the risk of double stocking, or over stocking, when clearly they're happy to just buy enough stock that sells out every day. That's just basic stock management.

Have you also considered that it is a terrific marketing trigger for consumers, to go to the supermarket and the product they want is sold out? Like go earlier, or ask the manager to get more stock. Also for other product buyers who look at the shelves and see one product seems to be far more popular than the one they usually buy. Empty shelves are a powerful message.

The constant beat-up of A2 around shelf stocking is just so off point, it has nothing to do with A2 who do not make the decisions about how much stock a retailer chooses to buy.

Anyway, it's a big day tomorrow, GLTAH. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.64
Change
0.050(0.76%)
Mkt cap ! $4.800B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.64 $6.49 $8.584M 1.305M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3405 $6.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.64 1766 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.