NVX 0.71% 70.5¢ novonix limited

RoyBoy...Be very careful how you allocate pension money indeed...

1. 1,940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 890
    RoyBoy...Be very careful how you allocate pension money indeed any investment money..NVX is in its very very early stages of development and can only be classified as "very high risk"...It is a small stock with a relatively short history...( compared to a BHP or a CSL or Australian foundation Investments AFI or the top 20 Australian Shares ).I have said.. NVX is trading at about 1.3 times book value...and it does have almost a $100 million in cash and the prospect of a $150 million US grant and an excellent Board ..but it must be classified as "Highly Speculative"...it has no profits ..faces strong potential competition ...Technologies can and often do change and major recessions occur and this drops the price of most shares especially shares without any EBITDA...A portfolio should be well diversified ..the long standing Asset Allocation model is 60% Bonds and fixed interest and 40% shares.
    Now in my investment in shares I only allocate 10% of my portfolio to the high risk area in my portfolio and that is generally no more than 2% to any one share..."when EBITDA starts and cash flow starts to grow I build on my position".To succeed in investment you must be very disciplined ..Sorry EBITDA is ( Earnings before Interest ,Tax,Depreciation and Amortisation )
    I also try and build my portfolio around Dividend Paying Shares as in the longer run about 60% of the value and growth of your shares portfolio will come from dividends ( This is by historical analysis )
    In Shares ..please remember share prices are strongly affected by their earnings ,the direction of interest rates..inflation ,the direction of the market and the impact of world markets on our market...it's pretty busy out there!!!!
    Share investing is not for the faint hearted even the best shares hurt when the market corrects ...but in any situation you pays your money and you takes your chance.
    My advice RoyBoy is to attend a few investment courses run by the ASX before investing in shares...understand the dangers ..the impact of risk..Do not become Easy come.. Easy go ( do not become a victim of hype) and learn to do your own analysis of all the shares you wish to consider....and we all need a bit of luck..so good luck.
    I hope this helps..my very best wishes for your development in investing.
    All the Best to All

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.5¢
Change
0.005(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $344.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
69.5¢ 72.0¢ 68.5¢ $478.7K 675.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 15701 70.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
71.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.