NVX 0.60% 83.0¢ novonix limited

I think most companies will try to get a work around, eg...

1. 688 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    I think most companies will try to get a work around, eg leasing.
    EVs are unstoppable. My brother brought one, and my next vehicle will probably be an EV.
    Was watching this valley of death video, which I think is quite accurate.
    Most people will hang on to their ICE vehicle, til EVs improve enough til its worth buying one.
    No pt in going out and buying new ,old tech ICE vehicle, the depreciation would kill. Just a matter of waiting probably 2 to 3 years for EVs
    to improve enough or be stable enough to not be affected by too much improvement and depreciation.

Like iphones, was a 6 when I brought one, my wife still got her 8, and I have a 13.
    I was buying a laptop and phone every year, now I am buying one every 3 years.

Should I wait til Tesla puts 48volts into all cars, like the cybertruck.

But it stands to reason, at a certain point, battery chemistries are not going to be that different from one another.

What then becomes the role for companies like Novonix?

An illustration of the limits of exponential invention played out in a New York court room earlier this year.

In May 2023, British pop star Ed Sheeran won a copyright infringement lawsuit. Sheeran was accused of ripping off Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On” in his song “Thinking Out Loud.”

In a statement after the verdict, Sheeran pointed out there are only 12 notes in music, four chords in pop songs and something close to 60,000 songs released every day.

The result is everything kind of sounds like everything else.

So, sure, Sheeran sounds like Gaye, but Gaye sounded like Al Green. And so on.

In the battery world it’s similar. There are 118 periodic elements, though not all of them are viable in battery-making.

What then will become the differentiator in the race to electrification?

Burns listens to this parallel and smiles. He has thoughts on this.

“It’s a really interesting question. We are reaching asymptotes with today’s chemistry in terms of how good [batteries] potentially can be, but, more practically, how good they need to be,” says Burns.

“The things that we need to do are focus on how we can get scale and then driving costs down.”

That is the big win of Novonix’s dry cathode breakthrough and a clear signal of the company’s path forward — perhaps for the next 10 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
83.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.60%)
Mkt cap ! $405.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
85.0¢ 86.0¢ 82.5¢ $1.366M 1.640M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2205 82.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
83.0¢ 4757 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
82.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.57 %)
Open High Low Volume
85.5¢ 86.0¢ 82.5¢ 545212
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.