NVX 0.82% 61.5¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-13021

1. 5,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 872
    @docrottdc (HC isn't allowing me to directly reply atm. Happens for some reason from time to time, usually around 1-2am then goes away.

I disagree with your whole premise of your first paragraph below except the first sentence. Sales are equally important as 1A and 1B

Divining the "why" a bill is written the way it is and separating the sales pitch politicians give, vs the clear intent of the law is always a bit tricky. That said, when I read the IRA, I don't think that improving EV adoption is near the top of the priority list. It would have been easy to write the law in a way that simply gave a point of sale credit to EV's. I believe they didn't do that because the 1A and 1B priorities are:

1A: Decouple the battery supply chain from China as a national security program.
    1B: Spin up domestic US industry in the battery and EV space.

Why sales are equally important:

1/ When the IRA was first implemented, the goal was to have 50% of vehicle sales to be EV's by 2030

2/ you can't expect industry to invest hundreds of billions of dollars if there isn't a robust market to sell into. They'll go broke. Especially the smaller suppliers.

3/ why would they change the sales tax credit to be point of sale if EV adoption wasn't a priority? They got it wrong the first time and it's a desperate attempt to increase flagging demand. People who didn't have a tax refund now qualify

4/ It won't affect NVX in the short to medium term because of their first mover status. However, longer term is a different matter. It allows others to catch up. If you don't have robust demand growth to stay 1 step ahead, supply will quickly outstrip demand. Lithium being the classic example

5/ Demand will still increase

6/ Manchin humbugged the administration with the FEOC rules. They weren't needed. Tariffs are a better mechanism to use if required

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.5¢
Change
0.005(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $303.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
62.5¢ 63.5¢ 61.0¢ $650.5K 1.048M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 66264 61.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.0¢ 4039 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.