NVX 0.71% 70.5¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-13028

1. 39 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    I do apologize for the incomplete post. I did not think I had even posted it as it was a work in progress and as such very incomplete. In large part I agree that spurring demand is necessary and was planning to add that EV demand improvement was a part of the purpose, just in my reading a very (very) small part, and only so far as those provisions support the overall industrial and energy policy goals of the law.

1A: Decouple the battery supply chain from China as a national security program.
    1B: Spin up domestic US industry in the battery and EV space. (as noted)

2. Improve US Clean energy production through various production, installation, and development policies (tax credits, grants, loans, apprenticeship programs, etc)
    3. Provoke research into promising technologies for reducing carbon such as hydrogen, carbon capture/sequestration, biofuels. (I think a lot of these will end up as failures)
    4. Support Jobs and careers in this space.

Here is a fact sheet from the US Treasury summarizing the IRA.

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy1830#:~:text=The%20Inflation%20Reduction%20Act%20modifies,proportion%20of%20qualified%20apprentices%20from

EV tax credits are indeed listed as a subcategory in one of the 4 main categories for this bill. Keep in mind, though that the credit is ONLY available if certain US manufacturing goals are met.

It seems pretty clear to me in the context of the entire bill, that EV adoption is only a minor goal relative to the overall industrial, national security, energy, and labor goals of the IRA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.5¢
Change
0.005(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $344.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
69.5¢ 72.0¢ 68.5¢ $478.7K 675.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 15701 70.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
71.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.