NVX 0.71% 70.5¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-13031

1. 5,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 871
    The potential is huge.

My understanding is the cracking occurs when the lithium ions leave the layers when charging. The crystalline structure will make the CAM layers more ridged and not sag? when the lithium ion layers leave.

The hint at the end to the nickel producers was interesting. Obviously they don't produce enough powder atm to go into mass production. They have a few years to think about it.

The current process explains why it costs LG $3B to build a 120kt Cathode manufacturing plant.

LG Chem is building a $3 billion battery cathode factory for electric vehicles in Tennessee – I gather it will be somewhat less then $3B now it is only half size because of an expected decrease in demand growth. Not so many good paying jobs.
    December 27: 2023

The ground breaking ceremony took place last week for LG Chem’s battery cathode factory. Some of the company’s original plans have changed since I last reported on this announcement. The factory was initially supposed to break ground in Q1 2023 and start mass production in the second half of 2025. So, the ground breaking is nearly a year late, and the production launch is now date is now “starting from 2026. ”LG Chem originally said it would produce 120,000 tons of cathode material annually by 2027 – enough to power batteries in 1.2 million EVs with a range of 310 miles per charge.

But it’s now saying that the plant will be “capable of producing cathode materials for approximately 600,000 high-performance pure electric vehicles” annually – that’s half the original production plan. However, the company says it will “expand production capacity in response to increasing demand.” In October, LG Chem signed a North American cathode material supply contract with Toyota worth $2.5 billion.

https://electrek.co/2023/12/27/lg-chem-ev-battery-cathode-factory/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.5¢
Change
0.005(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $344.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
69.5¢ 72.0¢ 68.5¢ $478.7K 675.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 15701 70.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
71.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.