NVX 0.82% 61.5¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-13087

1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 203

This was really interesting to me, I came across it while researching Volkswagen recently, I remember thinking it’s not comments Chris would make, up until now I hadn’t seen this clip but now I have it all makes sense.

https://www.industryweek.com/supply-chain/article/21182539/batteryproduction-startup-begins-work-on-first-anodematerial-plant

When Jennifer Granholm visited Novonix Riverside 22nd November 2021 the story was covered by Eric Price from a local news station called channel9abc (WTVC). In the article there was a video with short clips of the ceremony. At one point Chris is speaking and this is what he said…
    “..we want to be in the supply chain supplying materials to the likes of SK, LG or Samsung SDi and those will be suppliers for folks like Volkswagen and others”..

Key parts are..
    ”we want to be”
    ”To the likes of”
    ”folks like Volkswagen and others”
    (The language is quite generalised).

What was quoted in the article was..
    “Novonix CEO Chris Burns says the company will assist in making pieces for Volkswagens EV Batteries”.
    (Different to what Chris said).
    The changes are…
    “Will assist”
    ”For Volkswagens”
    (The language becomes more specific towards VW).

On Dec 1st “Industry Week” posted an article about the ceremony referencing ABC9’s story but they also gave their own interpretation of what Chris said.
    ”Local news source ABC9 of Chattanooga reported that Novonix’s CEO Chris Burns said the company will help source anode material for Volkswagens EV Batteries”.
    (So it’s changed again).
    Their interpretation is…“
    ”Will help source”
    ”for Volkswagen”
    (Again the language became more specific).
    It portrays a very different message, insinuates more direct collaboration which is far from what Chris initially suggested.
    He was speaking broadly.

Anyway was just something I came across, thought it was interesting & felt like a ramble. I’ll post some interesting info on VW later today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.5¢
Change
0.005(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $303.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
62.5¢ 63.5¢ 61.0¢ $650.5K 1.048M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 66264 61.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.0¢ 4039 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.