NVX 0.71% 70.5¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-13096

1. 5,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 871
    The underwhelming growth is the problem. Hopefully leasing takes off

Don't confuse the topics of the article and what I'm talking about. I'm purely focussed on the IRA. Non IRA vehicles will be supplied from China

From your article below

2024: Tough to Call
    It's unclear how EV sales will stack up this year, though it is very unlikely they will fall from last year's levels. Bloomberg's McKerracher says U.S. EV sales this year are "the toughest to call" among all global markets, though. He notes Tesla remains dominant, Hyundai and Kia "aren't slowing down," and only the domestics—Ford and GM—have claimed demand for EVs is "faltering. "Incentives changed again on January 1: While fewer vehicles qualify for a purchase rebate, due to increasingly stringent requirements on battery metals and assembly, those that do qualify can now get the incentive when they buy the car rather than when they file their taxes months later. As always, leasing any EV qualifies it for the full rebate, under a different piece of the tax code.

Finally, those who follow the EV market await the arrival of inexpensive EVs from Chinese companies. The first of these was the Polestar 2; this summer we'll see the Volvo EX30, a subcompact SUV that will start at less than $40,000. (Yes, Volvo has been Chinese-owned since 2009.) Given the 27.5 percent tariff on China-built cars imported into the U.S., expect Chinese makers like BYD to launch here with cars exported from places like Mexico or Brazil—where those import duties don't apply.

Supplies to assemble your cheap cars will all come from China

Last edited by Proga: 14/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.5¢
Change
0.005(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $344.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
69.5¢ 72.0¢ 68.5¢ $478.7K 675.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 15701 70.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
71.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.