NVX 0.74% 68.0¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-13923

1. 223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    "I've been saying for years all China has to do is turn off the graphite tap to destroy the western EV industry. Gives us Taiwan or no graphite."

@Proga, not that I have to remind you or the majority of others, but what you've alluded to is exactly why the OEM push to have graphite removed from the FEOC is a ridiculous proposition. I hope to god the government is strong enough to hold the line - and I am sure they will be - because it will have otherwise disastrous impact for the businesses trying to establish supply in the US. It will also put the US and its allies at risk of one day having the tap cut off whenever the Chinese decide.

Agree completely that the under-investment in graphite was due to most believing it would be replaced. This hasn't eventuated and we are where we are, with the Chinese controlling the industry.

What I would say is tariffs would almost certainly give OEMs a move on to secure supply and fast, and with this we would see offtakes signed but more than likely JVs. Agreed again that a year delay is probably required, but the OEMs are in this position because they didn't invest in securing supply. Bring on the tariffs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
68.0¢
Change
0.005(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $335.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
67.0¢ 68.5¢ 67.0¢ $221.4K 327.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3827 68.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
68.5¢ 31806 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.46pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.