NVX 6.16% 68.5¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-14565

1. 232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    And this is where Novonix has played it well. There is no point being ready for no-one -- 'build it and they will come' really doesn't apply at all when there is cheap Chinese supply floating around, so Novonix deserve recognition for acknowledging this. Building out early significantly increases the risk of subsequent bankruptcy and/or dilution. Syrah is a good example of what not to do. Shareholders are also expecting testing of product to be a quick process when this won't be the case at all. I would be very concerned as a Syrah shareholder right now, although shareholders have had many red flags to spot the issues in advance.

Scube I think you are being a tad critical of Burns but I do agree with your criticism re: transparency / PR. It is clear this is still a business in its infancy because they get this wrong all the time. Some of the delays experienced, in fact the majority, are outside of Novonix's control. Their issue is they haven't been upfront and clear with such delays.

Ultimately I don't think they have bad intentions. They are a new business trying to scale up in a new market and the reality of that is it's bloody difficult. I am sure management have learned many things over the last five years and would do lots different; that's the reality of trying to build supply where there isn't any. It won't be perfect nor predictable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
68.5¢
Change
-0.045(6.16%)
Mkt cap ! $337.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
70.5¢ 70.5¢ 68.3¢ $729.6K 1.051M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 59265 68.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
69.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.