NVX 1.74% 58.5¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-3944

1. 2,716 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1842

A good question, one may say, a billion dollar question.

I have noticed that Phillips 66 have been placing job adds in the Lithium Ion Battery space for R&D recently.

But, you have to ask this:

- Novonix has the IP to DPMG
    - Novonix and Harper International working together on new furnace systems to develop advance anode materials (Novonix also developed the IP for this to some extent, and pretty sure have IP rights on the furnace systems for their anode production, I will find the source later)
    - Novonix has years of R&D with cell manufactures validating their anode product
    - Novonix has the cleanest methods of producing synthetic graphite
    - Phillips 66 just entered a strategic investment with Novonix to scale synthetic graphite in the US

If say, Phillips 66 UK was to bring to market synthetic graphite anode, this is my take:

- Phillips 66 is not in the position to start from scratch with anode manufacturing
    - Phillips 66 would use Novonix IP on a royalty basis or large one off payment
    - Novonix have floated the idea of leasing out their tech, this is nothing new to shareholders
    - Phillips 66 have the cash to scale, say in the UK, using Novonix IP and validation of years of R&D with Tier 1 customers for the anode materials that Novonix have designed

This course of action would see Novonix directly benefit as there is zero CAPEX on their behalf, as Phillips 66 would fund, with financial payment to Novonix for a large customer base in the UK.

Now, I could be completely off the mark here, but, it would be the easy option for scaling without putting due stress on the currently expansion plans for the US.

Shoot me down if this sounds way off, but I just cant see at the current point in time Novonix opening up shop in the UK, I think they are too busy with the local growing demand the US is seeing with every man and this dog opening up hundreds of GWhs of factories in the US.....

Either which way this goes, it will be great for the company moving forward!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.5¢
Change
0.010(1.74%)
Mkt cap ! $288.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 60.5¢ 58.5¢ $550.2K 925.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 24600 58.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
59.0¢ 1610 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.