NVX 0.60% 83.0¢ novonix limited

With the Ukraine-Russian war playing out and the world very much...

1. 103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Reposted due to edit and missed the Edit time restriction
    With the Ukraine-Russian war playing out and the world very much in favour of the Ukraine, any allies of Russia have a particularly negative sentiment right now (you know the ally I'm referring to). There seems to be more of a push, particularly in the US and Germany to be more self reliant, or at least reduce their reliance on materials and labor from autocratic nations. I can definitely see the US wanting to be self reliant on graphite production and from there it just makes sense for US based battery factories to purchase it from US suppliers (ie NVX) due to lower shipping prices and quicker delivery. As Germany, the other automaker powerhouse, looks to reduce reliance on Russian energy it will most likely want to team up with other democratic nations that it feels are lower political liabilities - enter France (depending on how their current election goes - if Macron gets re-elected that's good news, if Le Pen gets elected then that's a little less optimistic) and the UK and the Humber Refinery.

This is just logical speculation though and relies on the premise that German automakers will be utilising gaphite anodes and not just SSB and other chemistries (I can't remember which automaker is going with which battery type). If NVX were to station a factory in Germany with Phillips66 also somehow supporting this then that would be a massive signal of interest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
83.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.60%)
Mkt cap ! $405.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
85.0¢ 86.0¢ 82.5¢ $1.366M 1.640M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2205 82.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
83.0¢ 4757 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
82.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.57 %)
Open High Low Volume
85.5¢ 86.0¢ 82.5¢ 545212
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.