NVX 0.00% 64.5¢ novonix limited

Media Watch - NVX related, page-7324

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    No, DPMG and dry electrode process are entirely different things. Both are removing solvents from the process which if found to be scalable and priced right are big upgrades, but refer to different steps in the process.

DPMG or Dry Particle MicroGranuation refers to a novel way to make cathode or anode materials. More or less a flat head presses the materials to the side of a mixing tub, then a sharp scraper peels it off. Continuing this process over a long enough time and controlling the distances the flat head is away from the side of the mixing tub allows Novonix to control the size of the particles and even to batch them and layer them like an everlasting gobstopper. It is also less toxic, cheaper, and has less waste than traditional chemical processes.

Dry Battery Electrode tech is totally different. In typical wet slurry electrode MFG, the anode/cathode material is mixed in with a liquid hydrocarbon which is then smeared in a thin layer onto the foil. That foil is then baked in an oven to evaporate the liquid and the residue that is left is the anode/cathode. In contrast, the dry electrode process as Tesla is working towards takes beads of teflon, mixes them with anode or cathode, smears this dough like "powder" onto the foil and then compresses mixture with large heated rollers, melting the teflon and causing the electrode to stick to itself and to the foil.

Both have big advantages if they can scale. Very different processes though. Also a +1 for Jordan at "The Limiting Factor." He is my go to source for information (but don't blame him if I got a detail slightly wrong.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
64.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $315.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 70.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
61.0¢ 10750 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.16pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.