SRL 2.52% 58.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Media, page-648

1. 1,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2080
    The Chinese play the "long" game very well, but you would think in current macro global economic scenario, a step forward would be a good thing for both sides, not to mention the rest of the world

A reporter asked Trump earlier this year if he thought that he could win a trade war with China - Trump replied "we lost the trade war with China decades ago". The US trade deficit with China last year alone, was around $450 billion, not to mention all the IP theft etc.

I don't like the way the trade war has afffffected my portfolio this year, but Trump is the only POTUS with the balls to take a strong position with the Chinese - so far. It is a very interesting situation for CLQ holders given RFs' deep China connections, I have felt for sometime that while this "war" won't be resolved in the short term, that both sides understand the current position cannot be sustained for a protracted period without doing serious global economic damage - which is not in either parties' best interests. So my thinking is, that it is incumbent on both sides to get something (at least some positive steps/dialogue) done sooner rather than later - because if they don't no-one really wins.

So @alanpro, the linked article makes a lot of sense to me.

On another tack, it was an interesting auction on ASX this afternoon for CLQ, about 90% of days turnover in last 10 minutes, also largest volume day since 8/8/18 (the day after release of NI 43-101). It is the end of month today, but someone let go of a load and someone else was happy to take all of it up. The bots are still all over CLQ every day, positions are being taken IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.0¢
Change
-0.015(2.52%)
Mkt cap ! $52.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
62.0¢ 64.0¢ 54.0¢ $83.84K 140.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 308 58.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.0¢ 12000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.