PM8 0.00% $1.66 pensana plc

Don't know how we missed this one: Curtesy 'Hogsnipe' on the UK...

1. 3,568 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1877
    Don't know how we missed this one: Curtesy 'Hogsnipe' on the UK BB

On 15 March 2021 the Vice-Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Critical Renewables Minerals (CRM) outlined the Group’s priorities in terms of government policy including “the development of a critical mineral midstream” i.e. the production of RE metals and alloys and the manufacture of RE permanent magnets in the UK.

See this link for the full debate:

"UK Govt comes very late to the table in realising that it is already in a cut-throat race for limited supplies of CRM and REEs, yet it has no Critical Minerals strategy. Other nations - notably Canada, Australia and France are already well-advanced, having laid down their strategies and are now implementing secure and sustainable supply chains for CRMs especially REEs and magnet manufacture and recycling. Couple UK tardiness with HMG's hugely ambitious wind power and EV programme in the next 9 years, and it really has zero time to lose to establish UK robust, vertically integrated, sustainable and secure REE extraction, refining and production/recycling of RE magnet materials and magnets as an immediate top priority in the next few quarters (not years).

It is therefore inconceivable that HMG is not giving Pensana serious consideration for a major role here - and I don't mean a meagre and dilatory ATF handout.

The penalty for failure to take action immediately, given rocketing demand from now on in every single one of the developed economies, means the open market is absolutely not a viable option to sourcing UK future supplies of CRMs and REEs in particular.

HMG needs Pensana if it wants to catch up fast - Pensana has positioned itself extremely well on almost all fronts to give HMG a credible fast-track out of its imminent CRM crunch. What we need to see is some action from HMG with significant capital investment support to get things moving ASAP."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PM8 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.