BSX 16.7% 3.0¢ blackstone minerals limited

Media, page-2616

1. 5,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 275
    Lynas did have some early problems with radioactive waste in Malaysia which set them back for quite some time from memory, you're right, they experienced significant opposition from the local community there and there are still some hurdles to overcome with regards to that at their Malaysian operations. I don't need to research it, it's been in the news for many years.

@subi1 makes some very good points there and the only thing I will add to that is the significance of RE's to the Defence industry of the US and Australia which makes ensuring supply an imperative for both countries and reducing reliance on China an absolute must in the current and projected geopolitical and geostrategic environment. Of course shoring up supply for the energy transition, EV's and renewable energy sector is just as important and this is also related to the national and economic security of both countries and the rest of the world as well. This is why the export finance arms of the US and Australia are enthusiastically financing the sector and is the exceptionally likely cause of the Ambassador's excitement as expressed on his Twitter account.

BSX already has an MOU which shows ASM would like to look into receiving any off take of RE concentrate it is able to produce from any concession it may be able to secure in Vietnam so that is an immediate de-risk as is the fact the concessions BSX are hoping to bid on are already proven up so there would likely be minimal drilling needed to be conducted in order to satisfy any JORC requirements in my unqualified opinion. To a degree it would be a walk up situation, uproot the existing concentrator and transport it to the site, dig up the dirt and send the concentrate to Dubbo. To qualify for finance, particularly Govt export finance, from either the US, Australia or both, would be simplified and expedited by it being in the national interests of both countries. Lynas did not have any of these advantages.

Last edited by rick26: 22/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.006(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $15.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.3¢ 3.0¢ $9.036K 291.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 82192 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.