BSX 2.08% 4.7¢ blackstone minerals limited

Bloomberg J. Fernyhough, 3.10.22, saidPLS.AX-3.15%James...

1. 1,441 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 353
    Bloomberg J. Fernyhough, 3.10.22, said

• PLS.AX
      -3.15%
    3 October 2022·3-min read

"A key lithium producer in Australia, the world’s top supplier, is urging electric car manufacturers and battery makers to become its partners in new refinery projects, arguing their direct financial backing is vital to avoid shortfalls of the material that’s crucial to the clean energy transition.

Pilbara Minerals Ltd. is seizing on a current rush by automakers to secure future supplies of battery materials by seeking new deals with customers to jointly develop refineries, Chief Executive Officer Dale Henderson said in an interview.

“There’s certainly a level of desperation from some groups” who are end-users of lithium and seeking more access to output, he said. “If you believe the supply-demand outlook, there’s going to be a shortage, and the car companies who haven’t secured the supply chain are going to have a problem.”

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/ev-makers-must-partner-miners-104512120.htmlI am very confident that BSX will also be courted by EV makers also, with offtakes & funding etc. provided by these makers. The Vietnamese govt. (& VinFast) want Vietnam to be a prominent manufacturer in EV cars & batteries.
    I am disappointed at the delays in achieving this- but I have bought more, to lower my average BSX SP.

It should be noted that the EU, UK, USA, Japan etc. have placed many sanctions on Russia following its brutal invasion- but Russia's huge Ni exports (biggest in the world) have NOT been sanctioned.

This is because, IMO, of the huge importance (for EV NCM batteries etc.) & shortages of Ni (particularly Ni sulphides, which BSX has- QPM uses the much more common, but MUCH less efficient Ni laterites) in the world
    Last edited by Montalbano: 12/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $24.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ $32.00K 693.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 161975 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 35280 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.7¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.7¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ 153904
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
BSX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.