AVH 8.45% $2.71 avita medical inc.

I like to try and stay up to date with Fiona Wood's ongoing work...

1. 405 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 718
    I like to try and stay up to date with Fiona Wood's ongoing work in Australia. Below are some extracts and links on 3D bioprinting, possibly in using the RECELL technology, for those who might also be interested:

Walk with Fiona Wood: ‘When I’ve got a bee in my bonnet, I don’t give up’
    April 6, 2024

Wood is making progress with a series of new world-first surgery tools. The 3D bioprinter produces cells which replace the dermis, the complex secondary skin layer, to provide a “more complete skin reconstruction”. Wood believes it’ll be ready for a human pilot study in the middle of this year.

“Celling” New Technologies Based on 3D Bioprinting to Enable Tissue Repair
    January 3, 2024

Our more recent work with Fiona Wood’s team in Western Australia has focused our minds on clinical deployment. An obvious question as with other areas, centers around the source of cells to be used in clinically relevant protocols. The spray on skin invention – ReCellTM – developed by Prof. Wood and her team provides an attractive option. So currently we are looking at how this cell source can be better delivered using 3D bioprinting.

Collaborators Week: Skin regeneration
    November 23, 2023

Fiona and her team are famous for the spray on skin technology - ReCell. In discussion, we thought that the 3D bioprinting may provide some assistance in improving the delivery of the ReCell product. Those studies are currently underway.

A/Prof Mark Fear leads the scientific direction of Fiona’s laboratory and has been instrumental in helping build our collaborative activities.

“This type of long-term collaboration has been essential to progress our research from discovery to making a difference. Bringing multidisciplinary expertise to tackle the problems facing burns patients generates new ideas and provides innovative answers, and in this instance bringing bioprinting, materials science and biology together is helping enable the translation of new skin regenerative therapies into the future,” - A/Prof Mark Fear, Burns Service of Western Australia

More recently, we have engaged the cell biology expertise of Mirella Dottori from the University of Wollongong (UOW) as part of our collaborative team in order to gain knowledge and explore innovative approaches to innervation of regenerating skin.

We still have a way to go – but exciting prospects with a highly talented multidimensional team!These multidimensional collaborations take time to build but they are absolutely essential when it comes to taking on big challenges like improving skin regeneration in the clinic.

Related Publications
    • Eileen R Wallace, Zhilian Yue, Mirella Dottori, Fiona M Wood, Mark Fear, Gordon G Wallace, Stephen Beirne, Point of care approaches to 3D bioprinting for wound healing applications, Progress in Biomedical Engineering 2023, 5 (2), 023002
    • Luciana Y. Daikuara, et al, 3D Bioprinting constructs to facilitate skin regeneration, Advanced Functional Materials, 2022;32(3):2105080.Xifang Chen. et al, Bioprinting dermal-like structures using species-specific ulvan, Biomater. Sci., 2021;9:2424-2438.
    • Ying Zhou. et al, Composite tissue adhesive containing catechol-modified hyaluronic acid and poly-L-lysine, ACS Applied Bio Materials, 2020, 3(1), 628.
    • Xifang Chen. et al, Development of rhamnose-rich hydrogels based on sulfated xylorhamno-uronic acid towards wound healing application, Biomater. Sci., 2019,7, 3497.
    • Lingzhi Kang, et al, Fabrication and in vitro characterization of electrochemically compacted collagen/sulfated xylorhamnoglycuronan matrix for wound healing applications, Polymers, 2018, 10(4), 415.
    Last edited by saltland: 06/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.71
Change
-0.250(8.45%)
Mkt cap ! $168.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.78 $2.83 $2.71 $2.015M 728.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 3071 $2.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.73 1874 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.72
  Change
-0.250 ( 8.30 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.79 $2.83 $2.71 12865
Last updated 15.57pm 09/05/2024 ?
AVH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.